The Unified Logistics Interface Platform is an initiative of the Central Government to integrate data from various sources under one umbrella to support improvement of logistics efficiency and reduction of logistics costs. The platform has the ability to promote Multi Modal Logistics Transport/efficient operations with integration of digital initiatives of various agencies (Freight Operations Information System (FOIS), Port Community System (PCS), Air Cargo Community System (ACCS), Indian Customs Electronic Gateway (ICEGATE), etc). This platform also enables interfaces that enable tracking and tracing concepts towards improving logistics service and reliability.
Tamil Nadu State Logistics Policy 2023
For the fiscal incentives provided under the Tamil Nadu State Logistics Policy 2023, TIDCO will be responsible for formulation of operational guidelines. For all investment above Rs.50 crore, Tamil Nadu Guidance will be responsible for proposal/application evaluation and recommendation to the Industries Department for sanction of incentives. For all investments up to Rs. 50 crore, the evaluation of proposals and applications will be carried out by FaMe TN and sanctioned by the Commissionerate of Industries and Commerce.
State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited (SIPCOT) will be the disbursal agency of incentives listed out in this policy for investment category above Rs. 50 crore. For all investments up to Rs.50 crore, the Industries Commissioner and Director of Industries and Commerce (ICDIC) will be the responsible agency for disbursement of incentives.
Tamil Nadu Guidance, as the designated nodal agency for facilitating single window clearances, will also be the nodal agency for the same service to logistics enterprises in the State for all investments above Rs. 50 crore. The single window facilitation for MSME segment will be undertaken by FaMe TN, Commissionerate of Industries and Commerce and District Industries Centre.
- GoTN will leverage the GIS layers of the State Master Plan being prepared under the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan for enabling integrated planning and connectivity enhancement.
- It will encourage capacity expansion of existing ICDs/ CFSs/ AFSs/ FTWZs and development of new ICDs/ CFSs/ AFSs/ FTWZs, through provision of government land in accordance with extant land allocation policy and increase in demand at strategic locations in the State, as per the provisions of Policy and Guidelines for setting up of Inland Container Depots (ICDs), Container Freight Stations (CFSs) and Air Freight Station (AFSs) by Government of India.
- GoTN will identify unutilised factory sheds within the existing industrial parks/estates/clusters in the State and make them available for logistics activities, wherever feasible.
- It will undertake development of primary processing centres in the State to cater to the requirements of primary processing of horticulture produce. Further, it will identify locations/clusters for development and strengthening of cold chain infrastructure in the State.
- It will assess and identify strategic coastal shipping routes to encourage and promote inter-modal transport that will result in cost effective services.
- It will coordinate with the relevant agencies/airport operators to improve quality of air cargo-related services at air cargo complexes in Tamil Nadu.
- It will engage with the Central Bureau of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)/airport operators/port authorities and operators on a continuous basis to take appropriate steps for reducing the dwell time at air cargo complexes and seaports in the State.
- It will encourage Startups in the logistics sector to avail funds and benefits within the Tamil Nadu Emerging Sector Seed Fund and/or TANSEED under the Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Policy.
- It will develop a Logistics Labour Market Information System that will be a repository of details of the logistics sector workforce in the State, accredited by relevant agencies for their skills.
Incentives – State logistics Policy 2023
- Providing one-time reimbursement of 100% of the patent registration fees in India to technology providers, Startups and other business units developing technology-enabled solutions for logistics efficiency improvement, subject to a cap of Rs. 25,000 per patent. The incentive will be available to enterprises having registered offices in Tamil Nadu and to individual entrepreneurs who are residents of the State.
- One-time cash award of 50% of the technology adoption cost, capped at Rs. 1 crore, to three applicants annually for adopting modern technologies such as RFID, Global Positioning System (GPS), IoT, Robotics & Automation, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, among others. The incentive will be made available to logistics service providers having registered offices in Tamil Nadu. TIDCO will call out applications annually and shortlist them to encourage entities towards technology adoption.
- One-time reimbursement of 100% of reefer vehicle registration charges in the State, and road tax for one year for reefer trucks, including retrofitting of capacity > 15 MT, by logistics trucking companies and enterprises registered in Tamil Nadu. The fiscal incentive will be provided to the registration of first 500 reefer trucks in the State during the policy period.