The biggest opportunity to raise funds and kickstart your Startup is here!
Last Date to apply extended to 12th March 2023
We are delighted to announce the fifth edition of our flagship initiative “TANSEED” (Tamil Nadu #Startup Seed Fund). #TANSEED, in an equity model investment, to extend financial support to early-stage Startups. The Seed Fund is up to ₹15 Lakh each for Green Tech, Rural Impact, and Women-led Startups and up to ₹ 10 Lakh each to other sector Startups.
The Tamil Nadu Startup Seed Fund (TANSEED) is a Government of Tamil Nadu initiative that aims to support early-stage Startups in Tamil Nadu. The fund provides seed funding to Startup founders in an equity model to help them develop their products, validate their ideas and scale up their businesses.
Under TANSEED, the seed fund support up to Rs. 15 Lakh to Green Tech, Rural Impact, and Women-led Startups (As per G.O. 87 MSME (A) Department dated 26.12.2022) and up to Rs. 10 Lakh each to other Startups. StartupTN will take a 3% stake in the Startup ventures against the seed fund.
Please check out the detailed Eligibility Criteria in the next section.
Feel free to reach us at email@example.com for any query.
Eligibility Criteria for Startups
To avail TANSEED, the Startup should:
- Have at least a Proof of Concept (PoC) of the Idea or a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Registered with StartupTN and Startup India and the applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Located and headquartered in Tamil Nadu.
- Registered as a Private Limited Company (under the Companies Act 2013).
- Work towards innovation, commercialization, development or improvement of products or processes with a high potential of employment generation, social impact or wealth creation.
- Use technology in its core product or service, or business innovation model, or innovative distribution model, or innovative methodology to solve the problem being targeted.
- Not have been formed by splitting up, reconstruction of a business already in existence or as a Subsidiary/Joint Venture/Associate of another Company.
- Not be blacklisted by any Government agency in India.
- StartupTN reserves the right to add or modify TANSEED Rules & Regulations and the Implementation Process.
This support is not for Indian Subsidiaries of MNCs/Foreign Companies. Persons holding Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) would be considered as Indian citizens for the purpose of this scheme. The shareholding by Indian promoters in the Startup should be at least 51%.