The best thing a Government can do is to facilitate towards development of a robust startup ecosystem
StartupTN is in the process of organising sensitizing workshops for the Government officials from various departments of all 38 districts in Tamil Nadu. The focus of the workshop is to sensitise Government officials about the existing startup ecosystem in Tamil Nadu and how to support the entrepreneurs.
The objectives of the workshops is to explain the following:
- What is a startup and how startups are nurtured in the ecosystem.
- Benefits of DPIIT
- Schemes and funding support
- StartupTN and its role and specific initiatives. (Funding, mentoring, incubation, regional hubs roles, DPIIT support, market access, women initiatives, etc.
S2G Buy Day
‘S2G Buy Day’ (Startup to Government) is an unique model initiated by StartupTN with the objective of connecting startups and directly Government for direct procurement of products / services from the startups by the various Government departments.
- In this exceptional model, the Government departments will publish their requirements in the format of a problem statements. The capable startups will be able to sell their innovative products / services as solutions to that particular problem statement.
- With regard to the above, Government departments and state public sector undertakings can make a purchase up to Rs 50 lakhs from Tamil Nadu based startups.
- S2G Buy Day is organized by two or three departments or PSUs every month with problem statements. The startups present their solutions and shortlisted ones are issued the orders.
- Thus, S2G Buy Day gives priority to startups and relieves them from competing with bigger market players. It further eases the process of doing business with Government departments and PSUs.