TAMIL NADU SC/ST STARTUP FUND
An exclusive fund to support Startups by SC/ST entrepreneurs
TN SC/ST Startup Fund is an initiative of the Government of Tamilnadu with the objective to invest in innovative and scalable Startups conceptualized and run by entrepreneurs from the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities. The investment will be made in the form of equity or debt based on the evaluation and recommendation of the Investment Committee.
The first batch of evaluations will cover proposals received till 30th June 2022.
For any clarifications in filling up the application, please email email@example.com or 044-22252081/82/83
Eligibility criteria to apply for TN SC/ST Startup Fund
- The applicant, at the time of application, should conform to the definition of Startup under the Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Policy.
- More than 50% of equity of the company/enterprise must belong to one or more persons who belong to the SC/ST community.
- The control of the company/enterprise should vest with SC/ST shareholders.
- The company/enterprise or enterprise should be domiciled in India and its principal base of operation should be India.
- The SC/ST entrepreneur(s) who have applied should be native(s) of Tamil Nadu or of Tamil origin.
- Preference will be given if such entrepreneur(s) have their principal base of operation within Tamil Nadu.
- Interested applicants may fill the application form in this link with complete, adequate, and verifiable information and upload the prescribed documents.
- TANSIM would revert to applicants for want of further information or clarifications.
- Shortlisted applicants would be invited for direct interactions in a multi-staged selection process.
- The applications will be processed batch-wise, on a First in First out basis.
- The application should come through the prescribed transparent process. Any form of influence would lead to disqualification of the application.
- The decision of the Investment Committee will be the final.
- The process of the application may take 4 to 6 months from the date of acceptance of the application (acceptance of the application does not guarantee sanction of funds).
- The receipt of applications may be closed once the threshold level is reached.
TN SC/ST Startup Fund is an initiative of the Government of Tamilnadu with the objective to invest in innovative and scalable Startups conceptualized and run by entrepreneurs from the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities.