Tamil Nadu is a prominent hub for the IT and SaaS (Software as a Service) industries in India. Here are various resources available for IT and SaaS companies and professionals in Tamil Nadu:
- Startup Incubators and Accelerators: Many incubators and accelerators, such as the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) Incubation Cell and Nasscom 10,000 Startups, focus on nurturing early-stage IT and SaaS Startups. They provide mentorship, resources and access to a network of experts.
- Educational Institutions: Tamil Nadu is home to prestigious educational institutions like IIT Madras and Anna University, which have technology and entrepreneurship programmes. These institutions can be sources of talent, research collaboration and entrepreneurial support.
- Startup Hubs: Startup hubs and coworking spaces like The Startup Centre, WorksBee, and Coimbatore Innovation and Business Incubator (CIBI) offer spaces for IT and SaaS Startups to work, network and collaborate.
- Industry-Specific Events: Industry-specific events and conferences in Tamil Nadu, such as SaaSx and other IT-related conferences. These events offer networking opportunities and exposure to the local IT and SaaS community.
- Chennai Tech Community: Online forums and communities like Chennai Geeks and other IT-focused groups on platforms like LinkedIn can be great places to connect with professionals and learn about industry trends.
- Investor Networks: Angel investor and venture capital networks in Tamil Nadu, as they can provide funding opportunities for IT and SaaS Startups. Organisations like The Chennai Angels are active in this space.
- Legal and Regulatory Support: Law firms and organisations specialising in technology and IT law to navigate legal and regulatory aspects of IT and SaaS businesses.
These resources collectively form a strong support system for the IT and SaaS industries in Tamil Nadu. Leveraging these resources can help IT and SaaS professionals and companies thrive in the region.
BPO, KPO, LPO
Well-developed tier II cities with lower real estate cost and availability of technically qualified English-speaking workforce is a huge attraction to BPO companies in Tamil Nadu.
Strategic location, excellent OFC network and surplus power have ensured the emergence of Chennai as a hub for commissioning, operation and maintenance of data centres.
Engineering and R&D Services
A unique blend of manufacturing base and technology ecosystem provides an ideal environment for research and development centres.
Centres of Excellence
The government encourages industry to collaborate with academia in creating centres of excellence in emerging technologies
Central Government Industry Associations
- Indian Software Product Industry Round Table
- National Association of Software and Services Companies
- Other Service Providers Association of India
- Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)
Tamil Nadu Industry Associations