S2G Buy Day – Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission (StartupTN) launched ‘S2G Buy Day’ to link Startups and the Government, as part of the initiatives to strengthen the startup ecosystem in the State. Government departments will put forward their requirements on focus areas for startups to sell their innovative products and solutions to the department.
‘S2G Buy Day’ is organised in line with the Tamil Nadu Government’s budget announcement for 2022-23, wherein government departments and public sector undertakings will be allowed to directly procure innovative products and services valued at up to Rs. 50 lakh from startups in Tamil Nadu. This initiative is aimed at benefiting the government as well as startups. This is without going through the tedious tender process.
The Buy Day is a series of events focusing on two departments every month to enable niche startups to sell their products and solutions for specific requirements. TANSIM will put forward challenges and key areas where the Government departments are looking for solutions to problems and challenges.
The major problems faced by the agriculture sector that have been put forward by the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for the Buy Day are low yield and productivity, poor farm infrastructure, low access to credit, expensive cost of labour and unavailability of labour, the soaring cost of essential farm inputs and limited value addition and marketing.
Q&A Session: 25th June 2022 @ 03.30 PM ( Click here to🔗Register for Q & A Session) *Q & A Session Registration and Event enrolment are different.)
All startups that conform to the criteria of Startup by DPIIT (incorporated in Tamil Nadu) are eligible to apply.
Accordingly, a startup must:
- Be incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) OR registered as a partnership firm (under Section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) OR as a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Have been incorporated/registered within the last ten years.
- Not have exceeded a turnover of Rs.100 Cr in any of the financial years since its incorporation/registration.
- Be working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
- Furthermore, startups must have a “minimum viable product” and be ready to demonstrate “proof of concept”. Idea-stage ventures shall not be considered at this point.
Startups in sectors that align with the mandate of the Government will be given a preference. Accordingly, few sectors have been identified for startups.
- Agriculture/Horticulture (Crop/Farm management software, IoT, Market Place, Value Chain Enablers, Logistics, Precision agriculture, Sensing, Forecasting and monitoring, Data and imagine analytics, Blockchain, AI/ML, Inputs, Shelf life increasing technology, Fintech).
- Startups enabling FPOs.
- Innovative business models (services, value chain etc.,)
- Agriculture Engineering (Including not limited to Automation/Robotics)
- Soil and Water – Conservation Development and Management
- Any other – Tech-enabled startups are addressing pressing agricultural problems.
Q&A Session: 24th June 2022 ( Click here to🔗Register for Q & A Session) *Q & A Session Registration and Event enrolment are different.)
- Relevance for the government.
- Unique Value Proposition.
- Sustainability & Scalability.
- Technology Advantage
- Application Open: 20th June 2022
- Q&A Session: 25th June 2022 ( Click here to🔗Register for Q & A Session) *Q & A Session Registration and Event enrolment are different.)
- Application Closes: 30th June 2022
- Announcement of Selected Startups: To be decided*
- Startup 2 Government event: To be decided*
*Stay tuned to this page for updates