S2G Buy Day – Directorate Of Social Defence
TANSIM launches the‘ S2G Buy Day’ series to link government departments and innovative startups
The Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission (TANSIM) is launching ‘S2G Buy Day’ to link Startups and the Government, as part of their initiatives to strengthen the startup ecosystem in the State. Government departments can put forward their requirements on focus areas for startups to come out with innovative solutions.
‘S2G Buy Day’ is in line with the Tamil Nadu Government’s budget announcement for 2022-23, wherein government departments and public sector undertakings will be allowed to directly procure innovative products and services for up to Rs 50 lakh from startups in Tamil Nadu.“The ‘S2G Buy Day’ will be a series of events focusing on one department at a time.
About Directorate Of Social Defence:
The Directorate Of Social Defence comes under Social Welfare and Women Empowerment Department. They maintain Children’s Homes, Open Shelters, Specialized Adoption Agencies, Observation Homes, Special Homes and places of Safety.
These institutions provide care, protection, education, treatment and vocational training for the rehabilitation of children who are in need of care and protection and those in conflict with the law.
Solutions Focus Areas :
Startups are expected to come forward with short and long-term solutions to make impactful changes in the lives of 44,000 children Staying in the above-said homes.
These children from challenging backgrounds include orphans, those with single parents, victims of sexual abuse and child marriage, those from vulnerable sections and children from homes for children in conflict with the law who are staying in homes and orphanages run by the Government of Tamil Nadu and private homes affiliated to them.
The Directorate of Social Defence is looking for startups in the
- Mental health
- Career guidance
- Skill development
- STEM education
- Life Skills
- Any other Innovative Startups who want to work with the department.
If You want to know more about the department :
Q&A Session: 7th, June 2022. (Click here to🔗Register for Q & A Session) *Q & A Session Registration and Event enrolment are different.
- Event Launch Date: 1st, June 2022.
- Application Closing Date: 12th, June 2022 (7 PM)
- S2G Buy day: 14th, June 2022.
- The applicants must be registered in the StartupTN portal and recognized by Startup India, DPIIT. Startups located and headquartered in Tamil Nadu will be encouraged.
- Startups registered in the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal Will be encouraged.
- The startups should have closed all / not have any other pending dues with any of the Government agencies and shall not be blacklisted by any Govt. agency in India.
- Startups in sectors aligned with the activities of the Government of Tamil Nadu would be preferred.
- Applicants must have a “minimum viable product and/or a service” and must be ready to demonstrate the proof of concept. Idea stage startups will not be considered.
- The startup must be working on an innovative product or technology and not involved in pure service delivery.
- Applications will be evaluated in conjunction with ecosystem partners based on the following parameters:
- Leadership Team.
- Product / Service.
- Market Potential.
- Impact Potential.
- Potential for scaling up.
- Impact of the solution.