Hello from StartupTN Team !!
We are delighted to announce the third edition of our flagship initiative “TANSEED”, in association with Headstart Network Foundation & Villgro Innovations Foundation, to support startups with a Seed Grant upto INR 10 Lakh each. TANSEED will support early-stage financing requirements of the Startups in the form of grants to fill the gap in fund requirements for research & innovations.
Registration: 25th February to 15th March 2022
We launched the first edition of TANSEED during January-February 2021 and the second edition during July – October 2021, as a Grand Challenge, in association with “Headstart Network Foundation” and had supported 29 Promising Startups with seed grant of Rs. 10 Lakh each.
For TANSEED 3.0, TANSIM has empanelled with two implementation partners to discover & support innovative enterprises working in the various sectors. Following are the partners’ details mentioned with their focus sectors, Startups based on their sector may apply to respective partners.
Sector: Agriculture, Climate Action and Livelihood
Sector: Sector Agnostic (Except Sectors Agriculture, Climate Action and Livelihood)
- The entity should be a Startup registered with TANSIM and STARTUP INDIA. It shall be located & headquartered in Tamil Nadu or willing to relocate the registered office to Tamil Nadu.
- The entity should be registered as a Private Limited Company (under Companies Act 2013), or a Limited Liability Partnership (Under Limited Liability Partnership Act 2008), or a registered Partnership firm (under Partnership Act 1932).
- The average profit of the entity (as per income tax return) for the last 3 years (or lesser in case it’s a newly registered entity) shall be less than Rs.5 Lakh.
- Working towards innovation, development, or improvement of products or processes with a high potential of employment generation, social impact, or wealth creation.
- The entity should not have been formed by splitting up, reconstruction of a business already in existence, or as a Subsidiary/Joint Venture/Associate of another Company.
- The startup should have cleared all / not have any other pending dues with any of the Government agencies and shall not be blacklisted by any Government agency in India.
- Applicant has to be an Indian start-up. This support is not meant for Indian Subsidiaries of MNCs/Foreign Companies. Persons holding Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) would be considered as Indian citizens for the purpose of this scheme. The shareholding by Indian promoters in the incubated Startup should be at least 51%.
- The Seed Grant is not generally given for service Startups working in Trade and Commerce.
- The seed fund shall be funding the development of the prototype or a product which is market-ready / of small level pilot production only and shall not be for regular research which any University or College can foster.
- StartupTN reserves all rights in adding additional conditions / modifying existing conditions on a case-to-case basis.
HeadStart Network Foundation
Sector Agnostic (Except Sectors Agriculture, Climate Action and Livelihood)
Link to apply:
Founded in 2007, Headstart Network Foundation is one of India’s oldest and largest startup ecosystem development organizations. It is a not-for-profit organization with chapters in 23 cities across India, almost entirely volunteer driven working towards building and sustaining communities. It has helped numerous startups, also the unicorns of today, to showcase their offerings and get feedback on their products. It has facilitated connections to potential co-founders, customers, vendors, mentors, investors and employees. Headstart claims that Companies that have demoed at Headstart have collectively added over INR 42,000 Crores to the Indian economy and created 4 Lakh jobs.
Villgro Innovation Foundation
Agriculture, Climate Action and Livelihood
Link to apply :
Villgro is a Section (8) non – profit organization and is a registered technology & business incubator with the DST, GoI. As India’s oldest and one of the world’s largest social enterprise incubators, Villgro focuses on supporting social innovations that have the potential for democratizing innovation/technology and delivering impact at scale. Villgro’s belief in the ability of market-based models to alleviate poverty has enabled them to champion their mission of creating impactful, innovative, and successful enterprises in Healthcare, Agritech, Climate Action. Since 2001, Villgro India has incubated 340 enterprises, provided INR 87 crores in seed funding, enabled over INR 600 crores in follow-on funding for these enterprises – thereby created 4550+ new jobs and touched 20 million lives. Villgro has also incubated 84 women-led enterprises, disbursed over INR 163 million in seed funding, and enabled INR 284 million in follow-on funding for them.